10 steps to relax and a bonus, you can do anywhere at anytime
- Breathe deeply and listen to the sound of your breath to still fluctuations of the mind.
- With each out-breath, relax a part of your body, in turn from your feet to the top of your head.
- Run in place.
- Smell a perfume you like.
- Think in colors the 7 chakras/energy of your body: root chakra (red), sacral chakra (orange), solar plexus chakra (yellow), heart chakra (green), throat chakra (blue), third eye chakra (indigo), crown chakra (violet).
- Close your eyes and visualize yourself as a small pebble. Draw its path through the air, falling into a lake. Feel the circles, from smallest to biggest. Dive down slowly in the lake. Observe the life around, be passive and don’t participate, just let yourself flow… when you get to the bottom of the lake, inhale air and exhale a deep rooted wish.
- Take a square or 2 of dark chocolate, it regulates the stress hormone – cortisol – and stabilizes your metabolism.
- Count backward to distract your focus from the things bothering you.
- Look out the window, breath and organize your desk or your room.
- Write down what is bothering you.
The bonus: take an appointment for a yoga session or a Thai massage… then, take a glass of good wine alone or with friends and relax with winedipity.